100+ YEARS OF COMMERCIAL GRADE DEDICATION EXPERIENCE
What is Commercial Grade Dedication (CGD)?
Commercial Grade Dedication (CGD) is a process by which a commercial-grade item (CGI) is designated for use as a basic component. This acceptance process is undertaken to provide reasonable assurance that a CGI to be used as a basic component will perform its intended safety function and, in this respect, is deemed equivalent to an item designed and manufactured under 10 CFR Part 50, Appendix B, quality assurance criteria for nuclear power plants and fuel reprocessing plants. This assurance is achieved by identifying the critical characteristics of the item and verifying its acceptability by inspections, tests, or analyses by the purchaser or third-party dedicating entity (e.g., nuclear power plant utility).
Why Paragon Energy Solutions?
LEARN MORE: THE INDUSTRY'S FIRST SAFETY-RELATED MRO PROGRAMWe are considered the best in the industry. With over 100+ years of engineering and utility experience, Paragon generates extremely thorough technical evaluations with documented critical characteristics and acceptance criteria to ensure all nuclear industry standards and guidelines are met or exceeded. New EPRI Commercial Grade Guidance has been used to enhance our CGD program and processes. Examples of these enhancements:
- Better documentation of basis for sampling plans
- Formal basis for tolerancing and dimensioning
- Improved Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and its documented basis
- Better documentation of active/passive safety function criteria
- Formal documented basis for each critical characteristic and acceptance criteria
Typical CGI scope, but not limited to:
- Circuit boards
- MCC components
- Pressure gauges/transmitters
- Electrical components in general
- Mechanical components in general
Equipment qualification capabilities include:
- Mechanical/thermal aging
All seismic testing is performed in accordance with IEEE 344-1975/1987/2004, as endorsed by NRC Regulatory Guide 1.100, and other applicable standards, using one of our four seismic tables—single axis, 2 bi-axial, and tri-axial. Each one of our seismic tables has computerized controls and data collection.
What sets us apart from the rest?
- In-house seismic testing and qualification
- 300+ pieces of calibrated test equipment
- 4 seismic simulators
- 3 aging ovens
- 2 environmental chambers
- Adopted new EPRI Guidelines
- Paragon Energy Solutions can also perform qualiﬁcation by both static and dynamic analysis. Software analysis includes ANSYS ﬁnite element analysis which allows us the capability to perform qualiﬁcation of large, complex items.
- Reductions in CGD scope, lead time, and costs can be achieved